The cheapest month of year to go on a cruise is typically the late summer and fall months. Cruise pricing is based on supply and demand which is why prices tend to be higher during holiday/school break periods. If you are looking for a deal and don’t want to go in late summer or fall months, cruise during some of the non-peak months listed below.
- Mid January-early February – prices tend to drop after the holiday season
- End of February – prices around Valentine’s Day tend to be higher but towards the end of the month will come down again
- Early May – after spring break and before kids are out of school for the summer prices drop in early May
- Mid to late September – after Labor Day prices trend downward for the remainder of September
- Early December – Thanksgiving and Christmas are two of the busiest weeks of the year - cruise in between the two holidays if you’re looking for lower pricing