The difference is in the details on a luxury cruise with CruisesOnly. Set sail aboard high-end cruise lines, choosing from all-inclusive cruise experiences, small ship sailings, megayachts and more with the help of your Personal Cruise Concierge. Plus, enjoy attractive rates and a bevy of bonus offers on every voyage. View all of our Luxury Cruise sailings and offers.
Call us at 800-454-0927 to speak to a Cruise Concierge today.
Great news! Seabourn Cruise ships is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Seabourn Cruises will continue participation in the CDC voluntary program through at least April 22nd.
Need to know information
Requirements must be completed prior to boarding
- Negative COVID-19 Test: Negative, medically observed, COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 2 days of embarkation.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination:
- Complete vaccination attestation in Seabourn Source app or online guest registration at seabourn.com.
- Complete your Seabourn health questionnaire 72-24 hours before you embark the ship using the Seabourn Source app or online guest registration at seabourn.com.
- Complete your Online Guest Registration at seabourn.com as soon as you have booked.
- Verify your eligibility and requirements to travel to all destinations being visited by using the governmental websites of the places you are going. It is a guest’s responsibility to ensure compliance with all travel requirements for all destinations.
Seabourn Health & Safety FAQs
What types of COVID-19 tests are accepted?
For all voyages: Guests must be tested with a medically observed SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).
Is a self-test acceptable?
Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test that meets the following criteria: Only medically observed self-tests will be accepted. *Protocols for cruises from Barbados or St. Maarten differ.
The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please note, antigen tests are accepted for fully vaccinated guests, but not for unvaccinated guests.
The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
Where can I get a viral COVID-19 test near me?
- Guests may take their COVID-19 test at any participating drug store (Walgreens, CVC).
- Schedule an appointment with your medical professional.
- Fully vaccinated guests can order at home test with live video supervision (partnered with Seabourn)
Optum offers an at-home antigen test kit ($69.99 for two), which can be ordered and shipped to your door in 3 business days or less.
- These at-home tests video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services and results delivered, within 15 minutes.
- Order your test kit online
- Radeas offers an at-home antigen test kit ($45 each), which can be ordered and shipped to your door for free in 5-7 business days.
Curative provides testing via drive-throughs, kiosks, or mobile sites and receive your results digitally in 1-2 days.
- You will be able to find a location and schedule a service at one of their 10,000 sites by visitinghttps://curative.com/.
- Optum offers an at-home antigen test kit ($69.99 for two), which can be ordered and shipped to your door in 3 business days or less.
Do I have to be vaccinated?
All guests 12 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated on all Seabourn cruises. Children under 5 years of age do not need to be vaccinated. Children between 5-11 years of age may be unvaccinated but will need to go through an exemption process and may be subject to additional testing, fees and protocols. Exemptions will be very limited on all cruises.
Can children sail if not vaccinated?
Children under 5 years of age do not need to be vaccinated. Children between 5-11 years of age may be unvaccinated but will need to go through an exemption process and may be subject to additional testing, fees and protocols. Seabourn operates fully vaccinated cruises that meet the U.S. CDC requirement for sailing and exemptions will be very limited.
What is considered Fully Vaccinated?
For an individual to be considered fully vaccinated, at least 14 days must have passed after the administration of the last dose in their primary vaccine series. Some countries and regions also have a time limit on when the last dose was given or have a booster requirement to be considered fully vaccinated. The U.S. CDC recommends a booster 5 months after your mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series; other countries and regions allow for up to 9 months or vary. Following the CDC guidance is sufficient to be considered fully vaccinated in all ports we visit.
What vaccines are considered approved or acceptable?
We only accept vaccines that are approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA, or the World Health Organization, or the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Some countries and regions on the itinerary may only accept vaccines approved by their regulatory agencies.
- Pfizer: 2 Doses
- Moderna: 2 Doses
- Johnson & Johnson: 1 Dose
- AstraZeneca: 2 Doses
- Sinopharm: 2 doses
- Sinovac: 2 Doses
- Covazin: 2 Doses
- Novavax: 2 Doses
Are mixed vaccines types accepted?
In a two dose vaccine series, we accept mixed vaccines types only if at least 2 doses of an authorized vaccine were administered at least 28 days apart, with the last dose given at least 14 days before sailing.
How will you check that I have received the vaccine at the time of booking?
Using the Seabourn Source app or online guest registration, guests will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise, and bring an original proof of vaccination to cruise check-in.
The following formats are acceptable proofs of full vaccination:
- original COVID-19 vaccination card,
- digital COVID-19 certificate (QR code acceptable);
- or record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification, personal electronic health record, or government Immunization Information System (IIS) record.
The vaccination data should include your first and last name, date of birth, medical record ID, or government ID, type of vaccine (manufacturer), date of all doses administered, lot number, if available, and healthcare professional or clinic site name. The full proof of vaccination must show that your final dose of vaccine was received at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the beginning of the cruise. Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the proof of vaccination you produce. During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.
Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. Information provided will be subject to our privacy notice on seabourn.com, and shared only as needed with Seabourn personnel, third parties or local health authorities as part of screening and embarkation-related health protocols.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine booster to be considered fully vaccinated?
COVID-19 vaccine boosters are strongly recommended for specific at-risk groups by the FDA and US CDC. However, at this time, booster doses are not required to embark. Guests who have received the full series of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of authorized vaccines and have received the last dose at least 14 days prior to the day of embarkation are considered fully vaccinated.
If I’ve received the COVID-19 vaccine, am I still required to have a pre-travel COVID-19 test performed within 2 days prior to boarding the ship?
On voyages sailing through March 31, 2022, in accordance with CDC directives, ALL guests will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 2 days of their embarkation.
Testing protocols for voyages departing after March 31, 2022 will be communicated soon.
Guests will be required to provide proof of a negative, medically observed, viral COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed on board. Please note that testing in the terminal will not be available for vaccinated guests, so it’s critical that you have your negative test results with you upon your arrival. We will not be able to accommodate guests without proof of a negative pre-travel test.
Do I need to wear a mask?
- Masks on board are recommended but not required indoors or outdoors*. We highly recommend guests wear a mask in the Grand Salon and other entertainment areas, casino, spa treatment rooms, youth activity centers and during any other congregate events.
- Masks may be required in terminals where local laws take priority.
- When going ashore guests must be prepared to follow all local guidance regarding masks and physical distancing. The status of local guidelines will be shared with guests prior to disembarkation at the destination.
- Health experts advise that guests use a higher-grade mask while indoors (such as KN95 or surgical masks) that have two or more layers, completely cover the nose and mouth, fit snugly against the side of the face and have a nose wire. Please note that visors and face shields will not be accepted as a substitute for a face mask. Seabourn will be providing complimentary surgical mask(s) on board with replacements available upon request.
*PLEASE NOTE: Masks are required on the ship indoors while in Greece. Face masks may be mandated based on different country protocols and other circumstances as applicable.
Can I visit the port independently?
The ability for guests to go ashore in ports of call is controlled by the governments of the ports we visit based on their individual COVID-19 protocols and requirements, which are quickly evolving and being updated. At this time, guests can explore other destinations on their own or on independent tours.
All ports allow Seabourn shore excursions. Some ports may also allow tours sold by port-authorized third-party operators or independent tours and exploration.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with CruisesOnly instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Book online or call 800-278-4737.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.