Great news! American Queen Steamboat Company ships is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Do I need a vaccine to travel on an American Queen Cruise?
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for all guests and crew for all sailings.Vaccination documentation will be requested and must be provided prior to boarding.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Masks are to be worn during the cruise in compliance with the Executive Order on Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel.
Things to know:
- Masks will be required during the embarkation process and while riding on our shore excursion motorcoaches.
- Masks will be provided (one per guest) in each guest cabin and additional masks will be available upon request.
- Masks are not required onboard.
- *Unless mandated by local governments and municipalities
Can I get off the ship at port?
American Queen Steamboat Company has always taken great care to provide a carefully planned, personalized experience ashore. With small ship capacities, and even small excursion groups, shore excursions will be able to continue in an enjoyable manner.
Things to know:
- All bus seats, windows and handrails will be sanitized with an EPA-approved solution each day before the first guests arrive.
- Stepwell handrails, seat handrails and seats will be cleaned after each service and sanitized every hour.
- The bus restrooms will be sanitized with an EPA-approved solution after each use and several times per day beyond that.
- Liquid hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the motorcoach doors for all guests.
- Masks are required on shore excursion motorcoaches.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Health & Safety on the Ship
When guests arrive at the gangway, facial recognition and temperature check will be performed. This procedure will be used for all gangway access – on and off – by guests and crew. Social distancing during the disembarkation process will be achieved utilizing specific groupings.
All self-service buffets will be suspended. A re-invented food and beverage concept will be launched with express breakfast and lunch options.
Things to know:
- Prior to guest arrival, staterooms and suites will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with hospital-grade EPA-approved solutions as well as electrostatic fogging.
- Guest corridors will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Multi-purpose disinfecting wipes will be made available for all guests to carry and will be placed in all guest accommodations.
- Guest staterooms will be cleaned and disinfected with electrostatic fogging twice daily.
- UV-C light has been added to all main air handlers and all passenger and crew stateroom fan coil units to facilitate with effective disinfecting and sanitizing against microorganisms that may be present in the air supply.
- Air filtration and air quality are maintained to the highest industry standard on every vessel.
- Every space undergoes enhanced anti-microbial disinfection with medical-grade EPA-approved solutions.
- Twice daily anti-viral electrostatic fogging will occur in all public and crew spaces along with supplemental overnight deep fogging.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations with an alcohol-based sanitizer will be placed strategically throughout the ship.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.