The difference is in the details on a luxury cruise with CruisesOnly. Set sail aboard high-end cruise lines, choosing from all-inclusive cruise experiences, small ship sailings, megayachts and more with the help of your Personal Cruise Concierge. Plus, enjoy attractive rates and a bevy of bonus offers on every voyage. View all of our Luxury Cruise sailings and offers.
Call us at 800-454-0927 to speak to a Cruise Concierge today.
Great news! Azamara Cruises is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Need to know information
Quick updated checklist of what you need prior to boarding
- Proof of vaccination (Booster required after March 1, 2022)
- Complete a health questionnaire
- Provide a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result
Azamara Health & Safety FAQ's
Do I need a vaccine to travel on an Azamara Cruise?
Azamara will require vaccine eligible guests to be fully vaccinated with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of June 15, 2022, all guests 12 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. Children 12 years or younger will not need to be vaccinated.
- Guests must show proof of vaccination to sail
- Azamara will travel with Fully vaccinated crew
- Documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding.
- Azamara will not accept any form of Certificate of Recovery.
Booster Vaccine Requirements: Starting March 1st, all vaccinated guests are required to have their booster dose in order to sail with Azamara. All crew members are fully vaccinated, have received booster shots when eligible, and are tested frequently. A second booster is not required.
What Vaccines are Accepted?
Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the European Medicines Agency (EU) are accepted.
- Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated.
- Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements.
Can I have mixed Vaccinations?
Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca.
- Must consist of at least two doses of vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the European Medicines Agency.
- The 2 doses must be administered at least 28 days apart
- The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.
- Mixed vaccines may not be accepted at all ports of call.
- Guests who are vaccinated with a mixed series may not be allowed to go ashore at these ports, or may need to undergo additional testing if they wish to go ashore.
What proof of Vaccinations do I need to bring?
Verified documentation should be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either
- The country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card)
- The guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination. If the original vaccination card is unable to be obtained, electronic proof of vaccination on a government sponsored site/app, will that be accepted as proof of vaccination?
What if I or someone in my party is not able to receive a vaccine?
At this time, Azamara is unable to accommodate any guest who cannot be vaccinated.
- Statement from Azamara: "We understand that receiving a COVID-19 vaccine may not be a possibility for some guests because of medical restrictions or other personal reasons. While we value each of our loyal guests, Azamara is responsible for the collective safety and wellbeing of all who sail aboard our vessels and therefore, at this time, we are unable to accommodate any guest who cannot be vaccinated. Azamara will continue to monitor recommendations by global public health experts."
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Negative COVID-19 Testing Requirements for sailings
You can board with confidence, knowing we’ve enhanced our health and safety standards through our Explore Well at Sea program.
- Guests are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test upon embarkation.
- The negative test result must be from a test laboratory or a licensed testing site. At-home or self-testing kits without a test certificate are not accepted.
- The COVID-19 tests can either be:
- PCR: Test date no older than three (3) days prior to embarkation.
- Antigen: Test date must be within one (1) day of embarkation.
- For example: If you are boarding on May 16, your PCR test must be dated May 13, or your Antigen test must be dated May 15.
- For those guests who do not have a negative COVID-19 test, antigen testing is available for $59 in the terminal prior to boarding.
- For guests on Azamara’s pre-voyage land programs, this test will be included in your price.
- Boarding will be denied to those guests who cannot provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test certified by a laboratory or licensed test site.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Following the Vaccination Standard of Excellence guidelines as per the CDC's COVID-19 Voluntary Program, indoor mask wearing although optional, is recommended.
- Masks might be required in the ports of call we visit.
- You'll find the entire ship and boarding process set up to allow for physical distancing, which is encouraged whenever interacting with those outside of your traveling party.
- We will continue to update you as other country requirements become available.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Views on independent exploration by international visitors varies from country to country and even port to port. This remains a very fluid situation. We encourage all guests to explore further on one of our curated and controlled shore excursions, whether that be a small group experience or a private one.
- We encourage all guests to explore on one of our curated and controlled shore excursions, whether that be a small group experience or a private one.
- We’re continually monitoring public health guidelines and will modify policies as new information becomes available and standards evolve.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with CruisesOnly instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Book online or call 800-278-4737.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.