Windstar Cruises will require proof of a current COVID-19 vaccination for all guests sailing aboard Windstar’s yachts.
At the cruise terminal prior to embarkation, guests will be required to provide proof of a completed current vaccine course (one or two shots, depending on the brand) finished at least 14 days prior to the guest’s embarkation date.
No COVID-19 PCR test is required at pier. Windstar will require and administer a free COVID-19 antigen test at pier prior to boarding. A negative test result is required to board.
Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- Each guest will receive a health screening prior to embarkation.
- New pre-trip protocols for guests include a pre-departure questionnaire and a request to wear masks when traveling to and from the ships
Responsible Social Distancing
- Staggered arrival and departure times at check-in and disembarkation in ports will reinforce proper social distancing between guests
Increased Sanitation Measures
- As part of the holistic strategy, guests will be asked to take care in practicing safe hygiene.
- Every yacht will have the following areas sanitized regularly by dedicated crew trained and assigned to monitor and clean the ship by use of the improved sanitation products:
- Guest rooms – Before each cruise departure
- Public spaces – Lobbies, restrooms, open deck areas, restaurants, public sitting areas, etc., will all be disinfected before each cruise departure and then regularly during each cruise.
- Crew quarters – To help the crew stay healthy, their environments will be cleaned and sanitized often.
- Medical clinic and other wellness areas – Will be frequently sanitized
Install high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters to filter the air on board
- Current CDC Guidelines for Environmental Infection Control in Healthcare Facilities recommend HEPA filtration for recirculated air from patient isolation rooms in hospitals.
- These filters are being installed in the HVAC systems on all Windstar yachts.
UV-C light for germicidal irradiation
- Once air has moved through the HEPA filtration system, there is an opportunity to “zap” the air with UV-C light (also called germicidal irradiation) before the air recirculates on the ship. When air passes the UV-C light, microbes such as bacteria and viruses not trapped in the HEPA filter will be destroyed.
- Germicidal irradiation is a solution that has been proven to kill coronaviruses.
Use EvaClean with PurTab for disinfecting surfaces via sprayers
- This EPA-approved powerful sanitizer utilizes a safe and effective formula for disinfecting all types of hard and soft surfaces throughout the ship including guest rooms, crew spaces, and all public spaces.
- It has been used for everything from lower-level sanitization required for food-contact surfaces to powerful infection control used in health care settings.
- Guests will find personalized service by dining staff in all venues, expanded dining times and seating arranged to provide more space between diners.
- Main dining venues will operate at 65 percent capacity, while specialty venues will operate at 60 percent.
- The popular outdoor, top-deck BBQ will still be held with crew on hand to serve guests.
- Additional al fresco restaurants and complimentary room service (main restaurant dinner menu available via room service) increase dining options for all.
- Crew will receive a COVID-19 (PCR) test before joining their assignment.
- Temperature measurements will be required twice daily for crew.
Responsible Social Distancing
- Crew will wear masks and instead of the usual embrace or handshake, look for the new “Windstar Wave” hand signal – a W made with one’s index fingers and thumbs.
- Our popular Open Bridge policy will be adjusted to allow just a few guests into the space at once, on a schedule.
Enhanced Medical Resources
- Windstar will expand medical staff on board and will carry viral swabs for testing as well as coordinate as necessary with local authorities to process the tests.
Enhanced Health & Safety Trainings and Continued Education for Crew Members
- Increased crew training in cleaning practices, social distancing, and emergency response protocols.
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- Tenders, motor coaches and smaller boats will operate at 50 percent capacity and will be cleaned between each use.
- Shore excursions have staggered embarkations and guests are encouraged to wear masks while out on excursions.