Carnival's Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is the similar to receiving a store credit that is used for your next Carnival cruise. Instead of getting the amount refunded to your credit card, you are issued a type of gift card to be used at Carnival.
The amount of your FCC is calculated based on the cruise fare that was paid, minus taxes, fees, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, plus additional Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.
Guests whose cruise has been canceled can choose to receive a refund instead of a FCC. If a selection is not made by September 30, 2021, a 100% Future Cruise Credit equal to the amount of cancellation penalties on your original booking will be automatically applied. If you previously canceled your reservation and chose the Future Cruise Credit + Onboard Credit option, please note you now have until September 30, 2021 to make your new booking. Whichever option you select, it will apply to all guests on the reservation.
How long will I have to redeem my Future Cruise Credit?
- If you have been impacted by suspension of cruise line operations your future cruise credit may be applied for sailings booked by September 30, 2021 for a sailing departing by April 30, 2023.
When will I receive my Future Cruise Credit (FCC)?
- Your FCC should be applied to your Carnival account immediately.
What if the cruise you booked with future cruise credit is canceled?
- If the cruise you booked with future cruise credit is canceled, the full amount may again be refunded in the form of an FCC, and the expiration dates may be adjusted accordingly.
Can I book my next cruise before I receive the cancelled sailings Future Cruise Credit?
- If there is a delay in getting your FCC you simply rebook the desired future ship and sail date, pay the requested deposit on the booking to hold the reservation, and apply the FCC once received.
Can the Future Cruise Credit be used for the deposit?
- The FCC is non-transferable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing and has no cash value.
What happens if there's a difference in cruise fare between the Future Cruise Credit I receive and the cruise that I would like to book next?
- If the cruise fare on your new booking exceeds the Future Cruise Credit value, you will have to pay the difference. The FCC may only be used toward the cruise fare of one (1) booking in the same currency in which the above voyage was originally paid and cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, onboard charges or gratuities. Alternatively, any unused portion of the FCC will be forfeited.