Below are a few common questions and answers about Future Cruise Credits and how to use them.
This information is only for future cruise credits related to temporary suspension of cruise line operations.
When you are ready to begin the planning process call one of our dedicated travel agents to redeem your future cruise credit. We are ready to help you plan your next vacation!
How long to redeem the FCC?
- FCCs must be redeemed by April 30, 2022 or 12 months after the date the guest cancelled their original sailing (whichever is later)
- Can be used on a sailing that commences on or before May 4th, 2022.
- Please note that Cruise with Confidence FCCs cannot be redeemed on the sailing where it was previously issued.
- Only future sail dates qualify for FCC redemption.
What if there is a difference between the FCC issued for my cancelation and what I want to book next?
- If the new cruise fare on new booking exceeds the value of your FCC, guest is responsible for the difference.
- If the new cruise fare is lower than the value of the FCC, the remaining funds will continue to be available on the initial FCC until the FCC balance is zero.
How is the Future Cruise Credit is issued?
- All Future Cruise Credits will be sent directly to the affected guest, and the associated travel advisor.
What if a FCC was used to pay for my existing cruise, and now I want to change to Cruise with Confidence?
- If a Future Cruise Credit was used to pay for either all or a portion of your existing reservation, all funds will be combined into one FCC. The value of the original FCC will now be added to the new FCC at 100% of its original value, plus the addition of any amount paid. Regardless of the original FCC’s expiration date, the new FCC is valid through December 31, 2021, at which time all unused funds will expire, for sailings departing on or before May 4, 2022.
Can I use the Future Cruise Credit across multiple itineraries, or does it have to be used for a single booking?
- Yes, your Future Cruise Credit may be used across multiple itineraries if there is a remaining balance after initial use. Any remaining funds on the FCC will continue to be available until the FCC balance is zero.
How is the value of my client’s Future Cruise Credit determined?
- Your client’s Future Cruise Credit will be reflective of the Cruise fare (Cruise + Non-commissionable
Cruise Fare) amount paid, less taxes & fees. Refundable Air booked through Flights by Celebrity, Pre/Post Hotels, transfers, etc. will be refunded to the original form of payment.
If I don’t want a Future Cruise Credit and simply wish to cancel for a refund, what are my options?
- If you do not opt-in to receive a Cruise with Confidence FCC, the cancellation policy tied to your reservation at the time of booking will continue to apply. This means that, if you cancel prior to the final payment due date, we will refund any payments we received toward the cruise fare except for any non-refundable deposits. If you cancel after the final payment due date, you will be subject to cancellation charges as determined by the cancellation schedule for your booking.
What happens if there is a difference in cruise fare between the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) issued for my cancelation and what I want to book next?
- If the cruise fare on your new booking exceeds the value of your FCC, you will be responsible for the difference. Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the value of the FCC, the remaining funds will continue to be available on the initial FCC until the FCC expires or the balance is zero, whichever occurs first.
Are Future Cruise Credits interchangeable between Royal Caribbean Group’s cruise brands?
- No. Future Cruise Credits acquired through the Cruise with Confidence program can only be redeemed on the cruise brand with which you made the booking you cancelled.