Cruising continues to be one of the safest ways to travel – what you should know:
- Nearly 600,000 people safely sail on cruise ships around the world on a daily basis.
- Cruise lines can adjust itineraries as needed to ensure they are never putting their guests and crew at risk of being exposed to any virus or illness in specific destinations.
- Every cruise line takes extreme precautions in cleaning their ships. In fact, they are cleaner than ever thanks to heightened precautions. This includes:
- Thoroughly sanitizing the cruise ship terminal before and after every sailing.
- Special sanitizing of high traffic areas multiple times a day.
- Providing complimentary consultations with medical experts for all guests and crew.
- Cruise lines retain medical experts onshore to monitor, advise and inform about response procedures in coordination with global health authorities and local government at ports of call.
- All cruise ships have well-equipped medical facilities that comply with the guidelines of the American College of Emergency Physicians. This includes highly-trained medical professionals on board every ship and available 24/7.